Is your mascara green-friendly?
Is your mascara easy on the eyes?
Only if it’s non-toxic. Most mascaras contain not-so-pretty ingredients like parabens. Make sure the reaction to your mascara action is smashing lashes, not chem-laden side effects.
- Longer-looking lashes, for eyes that hypnotize (just don’t ask people under your power to do anything illegal).
- Non-toxic formulas. The FDA doesn’t require companies to safety-test cosmetics before marketing them, so stick with natural ones.
- Cleaner waterways. Synthetic chems can leach out of bottles you throw away and end up in water supplies, untreated. And you thought clumping was bad.
Heather rarely leaves the house before applying her supervolumizing lavera mascara. She challenges any mascara model out there to a winking contest.
- lavera Volume Mascara – moisturizes lashes with essential oils and vitamins ($20).
- Dr. Hauschka Mascara Intermezzo – neem tree leaf and antioxidant-rich formula, in three colors ($24).
- Miessence Pure Black Mascara – contains beeswax for strengthening and natural pigments for color ($21).