Job Opportunity: Editor-in-Chief of User Experience
www.eBeisbol.com is expanding its focus to a year-round, Spanish Language (with an English Language version) fan site following “up and coming” stars as well as the MLB players who play in the Latin AmericanDuties & Responsibilities
1. Site architecture, construction, and management:
• Design and implement the online user experience brand strategy of ALIANZA LATINA DE BÉISBOL’s official website, eBeisbol.com, and integrated on-line and off-line interactive entertainment events.
• Serve as creative strategy lead by defining, approving and enforcing the web site’s creative look & feel, content, photography, copywriting, information architecture, navigation and best practices standards.
• Define, prioritize and optimize the online customer experience by defining site features and functionality, and maintaining overall site usability.
• Lead the creation of design requirements that translate business and functional requirements into User Experience deliverables including information architecture wire frames, creative briefs, storyboards, and performance goals.
• Lead the definition of requirements of database management utilities, site reporting utilities to gather the information and generate customer feedback that will optimize the user experience.
• Manage customer service planning and implementation
• Studies and understands web standards, best practices and how to read website statistics
• Studies and understands best practices around use of online newsletters.
• Serve as “editor-in-chief” for eBeisbol.com by managing and scheduling the publishing products, e-mail blasts, text messages, newsletters, etc. to create a cohesive and satisfying customer experience, convert visitors into registrants, and/or merchandise purchasers, and/or subscribers of high level content, e-mail alerts, etc.
• Maintain and manage an editorial calendar and manages the responsibilities of the Content Author(s)
• Analyze site usage reporting, customer feedback, marketing and competitive research to inform and improve publishing products, conversion to consumer activation, site experience and performance.
3. Supervisory Responsibilities:
Manage and mentor a small team of user experience specialists, including graphic designers, information architects, Flash animators, copywriters and Use Experience developers. Will include employees, freelancers and agencies
General Skills Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
• Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
• Detail focused
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles
Education and/or Experience:
• BS/BA Degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Master’s degree a plus
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
• 5-7 years of Internet development experience, preferably directing the online consumer experience and creative design for major media & entertainment properties
• 3-5 years of demonstrated project management experience, preferably in a consulting or agency environment
• 5-7 years of management experience
• Experience in high volume online publishing environment
• Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
• Conversant in Photoshop, Illustrator and other major graphic design tools.
• Familiarity with HTML, Flash, etc.
• Visio, MS Project and Excel
• Spanish first language, fluent in English speaking and writing
• Experience with translating a website into a second language
To be considered for this position click here to submit your resume.
SOURCE: Republica Update